Senior citizens are one of the important parts of our family and community. They mean a lot to us. So, their health is one of the major concerns. As people grow old, they need more care and support regarding their health. Star senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance plan is a perfect plan for senior citizens in our country. This plan covers all the medical needs of senior citizens as it provides various benefits. Let’s explore what this policy has to offer persons between the ages of 60 and 75.
What is Star Senior Citizen’s Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan?
The senior citizens red carpet health insurance policy is ideal for elderly persons over the age of 60. There is no requirement for any pre-medical test before purchasing this health insurance coverage, so it’s a blessing for seniors. The star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan is beneficial for meeting the health care demands of senior citizens. The premiums of senior citizen red carpet health insurance policies are reasonable.
Eligibility Parameters for Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
Let’s look at the eligibility parameters along with terms and conditions to avail star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan.
|Entry age||60-75 years.|
|Term of the plan||1, 2, or 3 years|
|Sum insured||Individual selected plans range from INR 1 lakh to INR 7.5 lakhs. If you purchase the plan on a family floater basis, the price ranges from INR 10 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs.|
|Co-payment||If the sum insured is between INR 1 lakh and INR 10 lakhs, For pre-existing claims – 50% of every claim and 30% of each claim for additional compensation.If the quantity insured ranges from INR 15 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs, 30% of all types of claims are covered.|
Features of Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
The following are the features of the star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan:
- The plan is for elderly persons between the ages of 60 and 75.
- You can purchase the policy for one year, two years, or three years in consecutive periods by paying the total premiums up ahead.
- You can get coverage on an individual or family insurance basis, and it covers both senior citizen couples.
- The plan covers both hospitalized and outpatient hospitalization bills.
Benefits of Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
Senior citizens can avail many benefits from the senior citizen red carpet health insurance policy. If you invest in Senior Citizens Red Carpet insurance for yourself or your older parents, you are going to get the following benefits:
- If you fail to submit a claim under the star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan you will receive free annual health check-ups.
- If you choose a floater insurance plan under a senior citizen’s red carpet health insurance policy, you can get sum insured levels of up to INR 25 lakhs.
- The mandatory waiting period for pre-existing conditions is only one year, allowing you to begin receiving coverage for your diseases as early as the second policy year.
- You can also get coverage for outside doctor consultations up to INR 4400, depending on the sum covered.
- Post-hospitalization payments are made in a lump sum up to the stipulated limit.
- The star senior citizen’s red carpet health insurance plan allows for adaptability. You can move your policy from one insurance company to another.
- Star senior citizens red carpet health insurance policy
- Covers the costs of the ICU.
- Star senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance plan also covers nursing costs.
- It covers Consultation fees, surgeon fees, anesthetist fees, and specialists up to 25% of the insured amount.
- While someone gets older, the premium rates remain constant. The star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan premium will be determined only by the amount insured, the length of insurance, and the number of people covered.
- The star senior citizens red carpet health insurance policy firm offers an in-house dispute resolution process that makes claims simple and convenient.
What is Covered by Star Health Insurance for Seniors?
Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Policy covers the following benefits
1. Hospitalization Cost
When you get admitted to the hospital for more than 24 hours, the charges for room rent and the nurse’s fee are covered under senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance policy.
2. ICU Coverage
When you get admitted to the hospital’s ICU for 24 hours or more, It pays the charges for that admission. The ICU room rent can additionally be subject to a sub-limit. If the coverage is between INR 1 lakh and INR 10 lakh, this limit is up to 2% of the total amount insured. However, if the amount is greater than INR 15 lakhs, the actual cost paid will get reimbursed.
Surgeons’, doctors’, specialists’, and consultants’ fees get reimbursed up to 25% of the sum insured. It covers 50% of the sum assured to pay for the Blood, anesthetic, pacemaker, oxygen, and other medical expenses.
3. Charges for Ambulances
If you are taken to the hospital by ambulance, the expense of the ambulance is covered by the senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance policy. Ambulance expenditures are only covered twice during the policy year.
4. Pre-hospitalization Costs
Pre-hospitalization costs are those spent before being admitted to the hospital. The firm pays the cost up to 30 days before the person gets admitted to the hospital.
5. Post-hospitalization Expenses
Post-hospitalization expenses are the costs that firms pay to the hospital after they get discharged. These costs are reimbursed up to 7% of the hospitalization coverage maximum.
Premiums of Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
The following chart shows the sample premium rates for purchasing a star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan. The table below depicts the premiums at various sum insured levels for various insurance durations, as well as for ensuring one individual and two individuals for senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance policy-.
|Sum Insured||Individual Policy||Family floater policy for Couples|
|Term 1 Year Price||Term 2
|Term 2 Year Price||Term 3-Year Price|
Making Claims Under Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
If you want your claims in cash, you need to seek treatment at a registered hospital. A prior authorization application is necessary to complete the claim to be approved by star senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance policy. In the event of a scheduled hospitalization, you should submit the paperwork 3-4 days prior. In the event of an emergency hospitalization, you must fill out the form within 24 hours of intake. The firm will pay the hospital bills when the claim is accepted. You can receive the treatments and have your claims paid in cash.
If you receive medication at a non-networked hospital, you will be liable for all medical expenses. After that, you can file a claim with your insurance company, and the company will pay for your expenses.
You need to provide the following documents with your claims –
- The policy bond
- Identity verification
- Original hospital bills
- All hospital and medical reports
- Prescriptions from doctors
- The letter of discharge summary.
- Any further documentation that the company requires
Cancellation for Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan
- Automatic termination
- When the passing of the insured.
- When the coverage reaches the limit
You can cancel the Senior citizens red carpet health insurance policy by giving the insurer 15 days’ notice.
|RiskPeriod||Rate of premium to be retained by the insurer for a 1-year policy term|
|Upto 1 month||22.5% of annual premium|
|3-6 months||37.5% of annual premium|
|6-9 months||57.5% of annual premium|
|Exceeding 9-month||Full annual premium|
How to Purchase Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan?
To purchase the star senior citizens red carpet health Insurance policy, go to the senior citizens red carpet health insurance policy website and purchase the plan straight from the firm. To generate your insurance rate, provide details of your coverage and contact information. You can compare the available plans and then select the best policy. After selecting a plan, pay the premium online to purchase the policy.
You can also purchase coverage from a Star Health representative by scheduling a meeting and purchasing the policy offline. You can also buy it Offline purchases at the company’s location closest to your home.
Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan Inclusions
The star red carpet senior citizen plan offers various benefits to the insured person, as mentioned below:
1. Hospitalization Expenses
The room charges and the nursing fees will be covered under the plan when you get admitted for more than 24 hours. The covered room charges are as mentioned in the table:
|Sum Insured||Room charges limit (Rupees)|
|1 Lakh to 5 Lakh||Upto 1% of SA|
|75 Lakhs to 10 lakhs||Upto 6000|
|15 Lakhs||Upto 7500|
|20 Lakhs||Upto 8500|
|25 Lakhs||Upto 10,000|
The plan will cover the ICU charges if admitted for 24 hours or above. The charges for the ICU have a limit of up to 2% of the Sum assured of Rupees 1 lakhs to 10 Lakhs. The total ICU charges will be covered if the SA is 15 lakhs and above.
- Surgeon, doctor, specialist, and consultant fees will be covered up to 25% of the Sum assured.
- Blood tests, anesthesia, pacemaker, and oxygen charges will be covered up to 50% of the SA.
The plan covers the ambulance changes for 2 times in the policy, and the limit of coverage is
|Sum insured||Coverage per hospitalization (Rupees)|
|1 Lakh to 4 Lakhs||600|
|5 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs||1000|
|15 Lakhs to 25 Lakhs||1500|
This plan covers the pre-hospitalization charges for up to 30 days before admission to the hospital.
After you get discharged from the hospital, the plan covers up to 70% of the hospitalization expenses as post-hospitalization charges. The details are
|Sum Insured||Limit (Rupees)|
|1 Lakh to 7.5 Lakhs||5000|
|10 Lakhs to 15 Lakhs||7000|
|20 lakhs to 25 Lakhs||10,000|
6. OPD Charges
The policy provides a minimum of Rupees 200 for each OPD consultation in-network hospitals. The maximum limit depends on the Sum insured.
7. Health Checkups
The star red carpet senior citizen insurance plan provides yearly health checkups if you have no claims in the previous year.
Star Senior Citizen Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan Exclusions
Certain things are not covered under the star senior citizen red carpet. Let’s have a look:
- It doesn’t cover the already existing diseases in 1st year of the plan.
- The plan is not responsible for covering the disease diagnosed in the initial 30 days.
- Dental treatments are not covered.
- If the injuries happen due to nuclear weapons or war are not covered.
- No claim will be provided for vitamins and tonics purchases.
- Policy wording
You are now aware of the benefits as well as features of this star senior citizens red carpet health insurance plan. You can consult with professionals to help you choose the best plan for your older parents. The star senior citizens red carpet health insurance policy is an excellent choice for older people who require health insurance in their golden years.
The insurance plan provides enough coverage at reasonable premiums for elderly people. The coverage features are also good because the plan covers both hospital and outpatient charges. So, if you’re looking for a senior citizen health insurance plan, senior citizens’ red carpet health insurance policy is a great option.
Star Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Plan – FAQs
Please tell me the entry age required to buy the senior citizen red carpet plan.
Ans. The entry age for buying this plan is 60 years to 75 years. It is because as the name suggests it is an insurance plan exclusively for senior citizens.
Does this plan cover medical consultation costs also?
Ans. Hospitals listed under star health provide the outpatient medical consultation cost covered in this plan.
Does this plan cover existing diseases?
Ans. Yes, it covers already existing diseases from the second year of the policy.
Is it important to get pre-medical screening to buy this plan?
Ans. No, there is no requirement to undergo pre-medical tests to buy a senior citizen red carpet plan. However, if the tests are complete then you get a 10% discount on the premium.
Does this pan cover robotic surgeries?
Ans. Yes, the senior citizen red carpet plan covers the modern procedures but there is some sub-limit.