Bank of Maharashtra has services that include deposits, savings/current bank accounts, vehicle loans, personal loans, retail trade finance, global banking, loans to the priority sector and small-scale sector, foreign exchange and export finance, corporate loans, and equipment loans.
Bank of Maharashtra was incorporated on September 16, 1935, and commenced business on February 8. 1936. On April 10, 1946, The Bank of Maharashtra Executor and Trustee Company Private Limited was incorporated as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Bank.
Also read: Union Bank of India Net Banking
What is the Bank of Maharashtra Mini-statement?
Customers maintaining an account with the Bank of Maharashtra mini statement can easily keep track of their history and recent transactions using the Mini Statement facility. Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement can be availed using Missed Call Banking, Mobile Banking, SMS Banking, Net Banking, and others.
If you have a Bank of Maharashtra mini statement account and want to check your last five latest Bank of Maharashtra transactions, a mini idea can come in handy. Bank of Maharashtra mini statement contains a list of the previous five transactions made in your account, which you can check using the Bank of Maharashtra mini statement missed call number or by using the SMS route.
How to Register in the Bank of Maharashtra Mini-statement?
The account holder can use his mobile phone to receive account information by SMS. Once the mobile number is registered, the account holder can access various services.
- SMS Banking and Missed Call Banking offers the following services: Balance Enquiry, Transaction History, Check Status Enquiry, Mini Statement, SMS Alerts for all transactions, and more.
- Make sure that the mobile number is registered with the Bank to access the mini statement on the mobile number. It can be done while opening the account.
- The account user can visit any Bank of Maharashtra branch and apply for mobile number registration anytime.
- Once the application is received, the Bank will send the MPIN through post.
- To activate mobile banking service, the account holder can call the customer care number of the Bank of Maharashtra from the registered mobile number.
Before visiting the bank branch, the account holder should check the Bank of Maharashtra’s timings and working hours.
Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement Miss Call Number in Details
Customers who have registered their cell phone with the Bank can instantly access their last five transactions by dialing the following Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement Missed Call numbers- Bank of Maharashtra mini statement check number is:
How One Can Get a Bank Of Maharashtra Mini Statement?
These are some methods to get the Bank of Maharashtra’s mini statement:
1. Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement By Customer Care Number
To get your mini-statement:
- Call the missed call digits from your mobile number (registered mobile number).
- You can get your mini statement by dialing any of these Customer care numbers:
- Please remember that you should call these numbers only from your registered mobile phone.
2. Bank of Maharashtra SMS Banking
Once your mobile number is registered with the Bank of Maharashtra and linked to your bank account:
- You can send an SMS to the Bank to instantly get your latest Bank of Maharashtra mini statement.
LATRAN<space>A/c Number<space>MPIN To 9223 181818
- The account holder will receive an SMS containing this mini-statement once the Bank gets the message.
- On the other hand, this mini-statement will include the three most recent transactions of the account.
3. Bank of Maharashtra Internet Banking
Bank of Maharashtra account holders can access Bank of Maharashtra Internet Banking service by entering their User ID and Password.
- You can view the mini statement of your previous transactions in the account summary area.
- Apart from past transactions, account users can use the Bank of Maharashtra e-Statement to review all transactions for a specific time.
4. Bank of Maharashtra Mobile Banking
You can activate the Maha Mobile App by following the simple steps given below:
- Download the Maha Mobile App from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Click on the new registration button.
- Accept the terms and conditions (read and accept) and enter the user ID.
- The user ID will be an 11-digit customer ID.
- You can get the customer ID by calling the call center of the Bank
- After entering the customer ID, then click on the submit button.
- You will receive an SMS immediately.
- Get the Maha Mobile App from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Start the app and sign in using your net banking authorization.
- Verify your account by entering your 16-digit ATM card number and PIN number on your BOM ATM card.
- After successful registration, set your MPIN, which will be used to connect to the Maha Mobile App.
- After completing all the steps, you can access your mini-statement through the app.
If the download is made on a mobile number that is not registered with the Bank of Maharashtra, you will receive a pop-up message asking you to contact the nearest branch of the Bank.
5. Visiting Bank of Maharashtra ATM
You want a copy of your paper of your BOM Mini Statement.
- You can visit any Bank of Maharashtra ATM.
- Select the mini statement option with your Bank of Maharashtra Debit Card.
- The machine will then print your mini statement, including your account’s last ten debit and credit transactions.
Benefits of Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement
- Account holders can also get mini statements using SMS Banking, Mobile Banking Apps, and Internet Banking.
- You can check the latest three transactions of your account is a quick and easy process.
- Account holders do not need to visit any bank location to do this.
Bank of Maharashtra is one of the leading public sector banks offering its customers a range of financial products and services. Opening a bank account and availing all the products and services is not enough. You should also be able to review your account from time to time. You might be wondering how to check the balance of the Bank of Maharashtra. Mini statement of Bank Maharashtra has designed so many offline and online ways to check your balance that it is now possible to get complete information about your account right from the comfort of your home.
You can also register through internet banking, ATM, or by visiting the branch. For registration through Internet Banking, verification will be done with the login credentials. Confirmation for registration through the ATM will be through a debit card number and PIN. You can visit the branch and apply for mobile banking registration and verification with the five-digit code received through SMS.
Bank of Maharashtra Mini Statement – FAQs
How can I check my bank mini statement online?
Ans. You can log in to the Bank of Maharashtra net banking portal using your customer ID and password or download the MahaSecure or Maha mobile app and log in using the MPIN. After logging in, go to ‘Account Details’ and then select the ‘Mini Statement’ option.
Can I view my Bank’s mini-statement online?
Ans. You can access the Bank of Maharashtra net banking portal with your Customer ID and password or download the MahaSecure or Maha Mobile App and log in with your MPIN. After logging in, go to ‘Account Details’ and select ‘Mini Statement.’
How do I get proof of Bank mini-statement details?
Ans. If you are an Online Banking customer, you can sign in to Online Banking, select Statements & Documents under the Account tab, then go to the Request Statement tab and select Order a Paper Statement Copy.
How can I check my Bank of Maharashtra mini statement without the internet?
Ans. If you do not have an internet connection, call 1800-102-2636 or 1800-233-4526 or send ‘LATRAN <space> Account Number <space> MPIN’ from your registered mobile number to 9223181818. You will immediately receive an SMS with details of your last five transactions.
How can I check the Bank of Maharashtra account balance with missed call service?
Ans. You can check the Bank of Maharashtra balance by giving a missed call to the Bank of Maharashtra balance check number 1800-233-4526 or 1800-102-2636 from the registered mobile number. A few rings will ring, and the call will automatically be disconnected. After this, you will get the account balance through SMS.