Health Insurance Plan for Women in India is necessary after the age of 40, as women become more prone to health concerns. At this point, they are more vulnerable to crucial illnesses. Women, like men, require health insurance to meet their medical demands. Examine the various women’s health insurance options.
However, it is important to remember that the criteria might differ based on gender. As a result, women must grasp the many features of health insurance. A woman’s physique changes dramatically after her 30s and 40s. Pregnancy-related circumstances, lifestyle, and so on all play a significant influence in this. All of this highlights the importance of comprehensive insurance.
Continue reading as we go into the Health Insurance Plan for Women in India issue in depth.
What is a Health Insurance Plan for Women?
Women’s health insurance, often known as medical coverage for women, is to address the particular healthcare demands and challenges that women encounter throughout their lifetimes. This form of insurance offers a variety of services and benefits that promote and safeguard the physical, emotional, and reproductive health of women.
Having health insurance has just become a legal obligation. We provide insurance for everyone, including children, working men, and the elderly. However, in comparison to other nations, we lag in offering comprehensive health insurance coverage exclusively for women.
Despite worries regarding women’s health insurance coverage in India, there is some encouraging news. A growing number of health insurance companies are developing outstanding women-centric policies that offer complete coverage for women’s health requirements.
5 Best Health Insurance Plans for Women in India
|Name of Health Insurance for Women
|Maternity waiting period
|Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
|Rs. 50,000 to 2 Lacs
|Care Joy Maternity Insurance Plan
|Rs. 3 lacs to 5 lacs
|Star Women Care Insurance Plan
|Rs. 5 lacs to 1 Crore
|HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan
|40 times the annual premium
|Fund value on maturity
|SBI Smart Women Advantage
|Rs. 2 lacs to 20 Lacs
Details of 5 Best Health Insurance Plans for Women in India
You can now check out the 5 best Health Insurance plans for Women with various benefits:
1. Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan
The Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Plan is a health insurance program for women, which takes into account the illnesses and risks that affect them more frequently. The Women’s Critical Illness Insurance plan covers eight life-threatening diseases that women are prone to. If a woman with any of these diseases is found, she can receive cash reimbursement. The full amount is given to her in a single payment to help her pay for her treatment and recovery.
|Minimum Entry age
|Maximum Entry age
Features and Benefits
- It covers numerous forms of cancer, including breast cancer, vaginal cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, and uterine cancer.
- It protects the insured from paralysis and burns.
- In addition, the insured gets 50% of the sum insured if the newborn infant has congenital defects such as Down Syndrome, Spina Bifida, congenital cyanotic heart disease, and so on.
- It provides a children’s education incentive if the insured has any one of the serious diseases.
- Working women who are diagnosed with a serious illness and lose their jobs within three months receive a lump sum payment.
- No pre-policy check-up is required for women up to the age of 41.
2. Care Joy Maternity Insurance Plan
One-of-a-kind Care Joy Health Insurance provides coverage for maternity and medical requirements throughout pregnancy as well as hospitalization charges. The program will help people and families who want to create a family. In addition to maternity care, the plan also pays for any necessary expenses incurred in the event of a medical emergency. Other family members of the insured ladies may also be covered under the plan.
|Minimum entry age
|18 years for adult
1 day for a child
|Maximum entry age
|65 years for adult
45 years for insurance of maternity
24 years for the child
90 days for newborn baby
|Individual /Family floater
Features and Benefits
- There are two options available for the Care health insurance plan: Joy Today and Joy Tomorrow.
- This includes Maternity and newborn infant coverage as well as hospitalization and ambulance services.
- Neonatal birth abnormalities such as cerebral palsy and Down Syndrome are under this plan.
3. Star Women Care Insurance Plan
All women between the ages of 18 and 75 can purchase Star Women Care Insurance insurance as a standalone insurance or a floater policy. To benefit from this policy, women do not need to submit to any pre-medical testing. Customers may acquire the coverage by paying premiums in quarterly or semi-annual installments, and they can choose to take it out for one year, two years, or three years.
|Minimum entry age
|18 years for adults
91 days for the child
|Maximum entry age
|75 years for adults
25 years for the child
30 years for unmarried daughters
30 years for unemployed daughters
|Individual or floater
Features and Benefits
- It covers women’s medical expenses such as birthing costs, assisted reproductive therapy, in-utero fetus surgery/repair, prenatal care, miscarriage, and choice of sterilization.
- It also covers newborn infant costs such as vaccinations, nutritional screening, and medical consultation.
- The plan also covers hospitalization costs, ambulance fees, OPD therapy, and AYUSH treatment.
- It also includes optional cancer coverage.
- It also provides automatic restoration of the insured money as well as a cumulative bonus benefit.
- The plan does not need any medical screening before approval.
4. HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan
Are you in search of a health insurance plan tailored specifically for women? Look no further than the HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan! This popular insurance program offers investment opportunities with a focus on women. The benefits included in the plan is to assist you throughout various stages of life, including pregnancy, cancer treatment, and bereavement.
|Minimum entry age
|Maximum entry age
Features and Benefits
- You can see the HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan’s benefits in the following list.
- The plan provides up to 40 times your annualized premium in the form of an amount assured.
- You can choose between three practical benefit options: Classic, Premier, and Elite.
- You will benefit from additional regular cash distributions under Premier and Elite when you pick the policy. Option
- Premium if a child is born with a congenital disorder or has pregnancy issues, a diagnosis of cancer of the female organs, or the passing of a spouse, the three yearly premiums are waived and paid.
- The allocation rate rises starting from year 11 forward.
5. SBI Smart Women Advantage
A participating Individual is The SBI Life – Smart Women Advantage. It offers three types of protection: savings protection, critical sickness benefits, and life insurance. It provides you with additional protective measures that will aid in your financial planning while also keeping you safe. There are two options available for women: the Gold plan and the Platinum plan. Providing women with financial protection during pregnancy and childbirth is another key objective of this SBI Life insurance.
|Minimum Entry Age
|Maximum Entry Age
|Option is provided
Features and Benefits
- SBI smart Health Insurance Plan for Women is a Comprehensive coverage. The plan offers a critical illness and savings rider.
- This Health Insurance Plan for Women has an additional Coverage. Policyholders are safe from problems resulting from pregnancy and birth-related defects with the APC and CA (Additional Pregnancy Complication and Congenital Defects) insurance. Payable is 20% of the Basic Sum Assured.
- Two different plans are available under this program. Plan name: Gold Coverage Plan Life coverage with savings plus critical illnesses specialized to women Platinum Savings, Plan Life coverage, critical illnesses that only affect women, and other critical illnesses
- In the case of a major stage CI, premium payments are foregone for the remainder of the insurance period. However, the policy and its benefits will remain in effect until the conclusion of their tenure.
- This Health Insurance Plan for Women has a Death Benefit. If the policyholder passes away, he gets the amount from the sum insured at death and any vested simple reversionary bonuses. They also get the amount of the relevant Terminal Bonus or 105% of the premiums, if applicable. The recipient gets the amount. Option to Surrender: After paying the entire price for at least three years, you have the option to cancel your coverage.
- The policy is qualified to share in the company’s earnings.
- Benefits for Maturity is one of the best benefits of this Health Insurance Plan for Women. If the Life Assured survives to Maturity, they get the following benefits: Basic Sum Assured Plus Vested Simple Reversionary Bonuses plus any applicable Terminal Bonus.
Importance of Health Insurance Plan for Women in India
The specific demands of women in terms of health insurance are catered by the Health Insurance Plan for Women in India. Some of these needs are given below:
1. Cover Illness
Certain diseases, such as breast cancer and malignancies of the reproductive system, are only present in females. The price of therapy when these illnesses strike might be rather costly. Health insurance for women covers these particular conditions.
2. High Maternity Costs
Women need more medical services than men do, in part because of maternity care. Maternity care costs have soared due to the country’s rise in cesarean births. The expense of maternity care is taken care of by women and their families with the help of a Health Insurance Plan for Women in India.
3. Tax Benefit
Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961 allows you to reduce your tax liability in addition to providing insurance coverage. Women under the age of 65 are eligible for a 30,000-rupee tax deduction.
Things to Know Before Buying a Health Insurance Plan for Women in India
There are many such Health Insurance plans for Women in India. So, picking one might be difficult. Notwithstanding these regulations,
You should only choose the one that is appropriate after taking into account both illnesses that affect women solely and health concerns that are typical of women.
When selecting a health plan, you typically assess the premium, policy limit tenure, and benefit, but when it comes to Health Insurance Plan for Women, the variables and demands are somewhat different.
The following are factors to take into account when selecting a health insurance plan for a woman.
- Type of Plan
- Pre-existing cover
- Claim Settlement
- Maternity cover
- Network Hospitals
5 Factors Affecting Health Insurance Plans for Women
Before purchasing quality health insurance for women, there are several things to consider. choose women’s health insurance Keeping in mind all of these aspects
First, younger women are less likely than older ones to experience health issues. Second, younger women are less likely to require costly medical treatment. It is therefore best to obtain insurance as soon as possible.
Your whole health profile is important, which implies both your present and historical health are important.
Smoking and drinking habits can be detrimental to your health as well as your ability to obtain health insurance.
Types of Policy
Your choice of policy affects both the coverage and the premium. A family floater policy, where the insured amount is split among the family members, will affect the premium differently than if you pick a women’s health insurance policy for you alone.
How long is the waiting time before receiving maternity benefits?
Benefits of Health Insurance Plan for Women
For all-around development, women have seized control of their welfare and advancement in all facets of life. Making the finest women’s health investments bolster their financial security.
1. Freedom from the Cost of Healthcare
The stress that results from being unable to work due to a medical issue is why women need to invest in the finest women’s health insurance plan. It’s so people may become financially independent, protect themselves from disease, and easily get help and medical care.
2. Get the Finest Maternity Care Possible
Individuals must pay a significant portion of their resources to have the best maternity care, which is a costly affair in India.
3. Protect Against Life-threatening Diseases
Insuring yourself with the best health insurance for women can protect you from the high medical costs paid during the treatment of these diseases via a lump sum payment for some of the essential illnesses that afflict women.
What does a Women’s Health Insurance Plan Cover?
The menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and menopause are just a few of the bodily changes that women experience during their lives. Their bodies require ongoing medical care. Here are some characteristics that a typical Health Insurance Plan for Women In India includes:
Pie and postpartum costs are highly expensive. The mother and the kid can receive the greatest care possible with a suitable health insurance plan created for women.
Pre and Post-Hospitalization Costs
These are required since, for the most part, medical care is not provided only in hospitals.
Treatments for daycare are often covered so that the insurance can handle the simple procedures.
Hospitalization at Home
Several operations are done at home due to the patient’s immobility, and domiciliary hospitalization is covered.
What is not Covered Under Women’s Health Insurance Plan?
Certain conditions or therapies are not covered by women’s health insurance. To make a wise purchase, it is crucial to understand the following exemptions.
It does not cover Cosmetic surgery of any form. Plastic surgery can be done in case of accident or injury situations.
Dental, Hearing, and Vision
Not all women’s health insurance covers dental, hearing, and vision procedures that don’t need hospitalization.
Some conditions are permanently excluded, such as HIV, congenital disorders, deliberate injuries, and war-related injuries.
Tips to Choose the Best Health Insurance Plan for Women
Do you want to purchase a Health Insurance Plan for Women In India? If so, simply take your time and weigh the options before making a decision.
1. Look for the Right Insurance Protection
Choose a health plan that covers pre- and post-hospitalization care, childcare expenses, transportation, and conditions based on your family’s medical history.
2. Evaluate the Health Insurance Plan’s Affordability Within Your Budget
One of the first factors to take into account when selecting a health insurance plan is cost. While choosing a plan with the most coverage is important, you must also make sure that it is within your budget.
3. Don’t Forget to Consider Maternity Insurance
Consider purchasing health insurance that covers pregnancy if you’re a young woman. The cost of prenatal care has risen beyond affordability. Anyone seeking top-notch medical care shouldn’t be deterred by the expensive expense of hospitalization.
4. Before and after Hospitalization
Following your hospital admission, you’ll be responsible for paying for any further expenses like prescription drugs and doctor follow-up appointments. Select a policy that offers these advantages as well.
You can shield yourself from any unexpected issues caused by major illnesses or disorders peculiar to women by having a well-planned health insurance policy. Investing in a thorough women’s health insurance coverage is favorable for you and any female family members. Think about giving your mother, sister, or another valued family member this health coverage as a present to make sure they have the assistance they need for their medical needs.
Health Insurance Plan for Women in India – FAQS
Is Health Insurance Policy applicable in India?
Ans. Read your health insurance plan details carefully before enrolling in India. Preparedness is key for unexpected medical emergencies.
How does a Health Insurance Plan for Women in India handle unforeseen medical expenses?
Choose cashless payment for instant hospital coverage or medical expense reimbursement from your health insurance.
Will a woman be eligible for tax advantages if she buys health insurance?
Ans. You must purchase health insurance to benefit from tax deductions under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
Can I purchase women’s health insurance online?
Ans. It is possible to purchase women’s health insurance online through insurance websites.
Is purchasing a Health Insurance Plan for Women in India worthwhile?
Ans. Health Insurance Plan For Women In India is essential for covering medical costs. Health insurance has become a requirement for everyone due to the escalating expense of private healthcare.